Meadow Mueller 07/2003 - 04/2015

Meadow Mueller 07/2003 - 04/2015

December 31, 2021

Happy New Year! Big News!

Just stopping in to wish you all a very happy new year.  I had a wonderful surprise today when a squirrel came charging up to me when I stepped out into our backyard.  He ran around my feet, grabbed my pant leg and looked up at me.  I thought to myself "Ripper?" as I looked down at him, trying to check his right ear for the rip.  As I knelt down, he gently jumped onto my hand.  OMFG!  It IS Ripper!

Ripper has been missing for 5 months.  I last him in the first days of August and then he just vanished.  I kept an eye out for him with my daily wanderings about the yard before work.  That's the thing about making friends with your wild neighbours, there comes a time when they just don't come back.  You never really knows what happens to them most times.

Of course I never forgot about him and was just thankful for the years he was here and all the fun we had out there.  He was a very accommodating squirrel for me with my Santa hat and Halloween mask photo sessions.

So having him show up today, on New Year's Eve day is pretty epic.  What a wonderful end to a difficult year!

Welcome home Ripper!  If only you could tell me where you have been.


Again, I want to wish you all a very happy new year.  See you in 2022 for more of my sightings and adventures.

Cheers!

3 comments:

Tammie said...

I love your description of Ripper's reaction to seeing you. Must have been quite the feeling for you. Happy New Year to you & Angie and ALL the critters!

Angie said...

I'm so glad Ripper came home! Awesome! 🐿🌻

Nicole Corrado said...

Happy New Year to Rob, Angie, Ripper, and all your other animal friends!