Meadow Mueller 07/2003 - 04/2015

Meadow Mueller 07/2003 - 04/2015

December 18, 2019

Tale from the Bush

Angie and I were out recently. We went for a walk not too far from home. It was a relatively quiet outing. Angie hand fed one lone Chickadee we encountered early on. Overall the birds were few and far between. It was a mild December morning and we were happy to just get some fresh air so it was all good.

Desperation must have set in because I got rather interested in a vocal Tree Sparrow at some point. Angie said to me "I'm going to look for a Saw-whet Owl over there" pointing to a promising grove of conifers not too far away.

Off she goes. I watch this Sparrow for a bit and then make my way over to where she is. She's still ahead of me, scoping out the cedar trees.

I felt the need to get rid of a couple coffees I had earlier if you know what I mean. I step off the path and get myself in between some spruces for a little privacy, wind deflection... I'm unzipping when I suddenly see a little brown lump of a bird about 8 feet in front of me, not even eye level. Holy shit, it's a Saw-whet Owl!

Forget peeing for the moment. Zip up my fly. Slowly back away and go get my wife.

Angie had a mix of emotions. She was happy to see the little Owl. She was kinda mad at me (in a fun way) for finding it. She was kicking herself for choosing to look in the cedar trees first, instead of these spruces.


I took about 10 photos and away we went, leaving him to zone throughout the rest of the day. Seeing this little one sure made up for a rather quiet bird walk.

There's nothing quite like finding an Owl on your own.

2 comments:

shiba said...

Contact the Homeschool Association of your state to learn what laws and regulations you need to follow. Some states will make you have your home registered as a school that's private, and other states just make you give your kids tests that are standardized when they reach a certain age. You want to avoid have truancy charges filed, so you need to contact the school board to let them know about your plans to homeschool your children.
satta king
play bazaar

Mr. king said...

When booking a massage treatment, choose a time which is easy for you to attend. You need to get there early, and you shouldn't be in a rush to leave. Talk to them about their policy on cancellations to ensure you don't get even more stressed out if you have to reschedule.
satta king
play bazaar