Meadow Mueller 07/2003 - 04/2015

Meadow Mueller 07/2003 - 04/2015

April 24, 2021

Oh, There's Migration...

 We just had a yellow-bellied sapsucker in our backyard today.  What a beauty!

While we have been in the spring season for a month now, I really haven't seen much in the way of migration.  A couple weeks ago there were a lot of kinglets of both species and some brown creepers, killdeer flying over the house, a few tree swallows showing up along my nest box locations but not much else.

Seeing this sapsucker gave me a little jolt that I needed.  Angie and I went to a nearby park and saw another sapsucker, not as brilliant with the red, but still nice to see.  Seeing these birds has given me a little jolt that I need, to put my "bird radar" on again for the weeks ahead.

Are you seeing anything around your 'hood?

3 comments:

Karen said...

We are seeing so many pileated woodpeckers this season! We have two in the trees just back of the house and saw more on a hike today. I think They need to be the mascot of Renfrew County!

Tammie said...

We are completely overrun with Juncos & Tree Sparrows! A few Fox Sparrows here & there, not much else. Wondering if the Tree Swallows will be late here this year. They are normally around by now but nothing yet. Spring started with guns blazing but has petered right out again.

TaylsMum said...

We had our first Baltimore Oriole and first Ruby Throated Humming birds at our feeders in Port Dover yesterday :D I did quite the happy dance!!