Meadow Mueller 07/2003 - 04/2015

Meadow Mueller 07/2003 - 04/2015

April 25, 2021

Hey friend!

Angie had to go to work today for a few hours so I took the time alone to go for a walk.  Well, actually a couple walks.  

First stop was to Marie Curtis Park.  I didn't stay long as the amount of people and off leash dogs annoyed me rather quickly.  There is an off leash area and it was void of people and dogs.  The are wasn't closed either as I saw some people leaving it when I arrived.  Why do people chose to pass it by and take their dogs out, off leash, in public areas?  

I left MCP and decided to visit one of my nest box trails.  I hadn't been to this one in a couple weeks and was curious if there were more birds around compared to my last visit.  Yes, a few more tree swallows as well as both barn and rough-winged swallows too.  One great blue heron was in the creek.  Then I crossed paths with this fellow...

An eastern coyote that Angie and I randomly cross paths with, and have been for months now, when we walk this area.  I'd like to think he recognizes me and that I am no threat.  I can pretend, right?  He doesn't flee in terror but definitely keeps his distance.  What a healthy looking coyote!

I refer to all resident mammals I recognize in green spaces I frequent as my "friends".  They think otherwise but that's okay.  It's nice to see the same creatures with each visit and knowing they are doing well, happily living out their lives.

Do you have any regulars where you walk?

1 comment:

Tammie said...

We sometimes have the little Red Fox around. Last week, he followed us almost all the way down the street when we went for a walk. Plainly saw that we were no threat. :)