Meadow Mueller 07/2003 - 04/2015

Meadow Mueller 07/2003 - 04/2015

August 11, 2017

Where Art Thou Pierre?

Week 3 of recovery. I aim to do a blog about this and that animal related for the week, and I will, but not today.

I have not seen Pierre in exactly one week now. Last visit(s) were on Friday August 4th. As per norm the last few weeks, he was here numerous times throughout the day, getting spoiled rotten with feedings.


Of course his missus had been with him almost every time.


It's not uncommon for him to disappear, especially during the winter. I saw a Facebook bit through my "On This Day" app and back in 2015, he also had also pulled disappearing act in August.

We had some heavy rain and thunderstorms last Friday. Not that I think they would have done anything to him, he's seen much worse over the years. But it's just a note of something different on that last day I saw him.

His missus has been here every day though.


The Pigeon flock must pass through Red-tailed Hawk nesting territory. I've been seeing the Hawks semi-regularly since the Spring. Things ramped up some when the young hatched. But it's been quieter lately other than a few days where they had their sights on our backyard. Last Friday was not one of them.

Anyway, just mentioning this here, for those with an admiration for him.

Let's hope he's okay and shows up at our backdoor again soon.

Here they are from last week. The missus is giving Pierre some good loving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm crossing my fingers and toes for your friend to return Rob. That missus is quite a looker though. lol