Meadow Mueller 07/2003 - 04/2015

Meadow Mueller 07/2003 - 04/2015

August 17, 2017

6 Years With Moonie

6 years ago today, at approximately 1:05 pm, Moonie came into our lives.

He dropped into our backyard just as I was preparing to leave for work. Angie was home that day and spotted a little blue bird out in the garden.

I walked outside and he quickly flew up to a nearby tree. Moments later he came back down to the ground to pick under the bird feeders.

I slowly walked up to him. He looked up at me and had a curious look like "who are you?"

His world went dark as I dropped a t-shirt over his head and quickly brought him inside.

Angie got bird-sitting duties that afternoon. HAHA! Easy enough, I put him a spare bird cage, in another room, and said to leave him be for the day.

Here we are 6 years later.

Happy Anniversary to the mouth from the south. Our kitchen has not had a quiet morning since you came to live with us. But we love you and are okay with your happy squawks and chirps.

Here's to many more Moonie!


For those curious, he is doing well since Misfit passed away. He did adore her but they were not a bonded pair. He is getting lots of extra attention and will be from now on. A few new toys are keeping him busy plus lots of outside time while the weather is nice. He enjoys being louder than any bird flying around out back.

And yes, we are aware Moonie is a girl but in the early days we thought Moonie to be a boy because of the blue cere most of the time. He remains a boy until he lays an egg which hopefully never happens.

3 comments:

Angie in T.O. said...

Ok, I have to share a few more tidbits to this tale. We had no intentions of keeping him. But, I kept going in and checking on him....and then I named him after one of my favorite Harry Potter characters, and well, that was that. I sometimes think I should of named him after a Def Leppard song, because the only reason I was home that day was because I had booked it off to recover from their concert the night before.

gilda92 said...

Sometimes we do the right thing accidentally! Happy Moonie Day.

Nicole Corrado said...

Moonie's adoptaversary is the same as my birthday! Happy adoptaversary Moonie!