Meadow Mueller 07/2003 - 04/2015

Meadow Mueller 07/2003 - 04/2015

May 22, 2009

Meet Jigger the Squirrel



Everybody, say "Hello" to Jigger the Squirrel.

Jigger is one of many who frequent the backyard daily but also one of the few who have been given a special name due to his stand out behavior, lack of fear to us or knows we aren't going to hurt him and his realization that we are the ones with a never-ending peanut supply.

He is quite the little character, always on the move and forever around our feet, on the table between us, circling me in the garden and occasionally known for jumping up at a pants pocket or onto a chest when peanuts be in a shirt or jacket pocket.

I am forgetting when we first met. Last year? The year before?

He has been given this name due to the little jig (dance) he does as he inches up to a hand holding a peanut.

While I always tell him he is a true pain in the a$$; I can't imagine a morning without him out there as I tend to the property.

5 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

Hello, Jigger! Nice to meet you!

Jo-Anne said...

Awwww, how cute is Jigger! I especially like the 2nd photo - he's looking quite relaxed. :D

Anonymous said...

They will steal your heart. None of those that come here are black. Mine are all the traditional Eastern Gray Squirrel colors. In Gordon, where I was born, up the road a piece, they only have the black ones.

I thoroughly enjoyed your post.

Rob said...

I wish more people would say what you did "Abe Lincoln"... they will steal your heart.

Thanks for stopping in and I am very happy to know you enjoyed my post.

T said...

Ok, I am soooooo in love with Jigger. He is too darn cute! I can't believe he stays in your yard year after year, and gets that close to you, and climbs to your pockets sometimes. That is just too cool!

How long do they live? That last picture is absolutely adorable, like he is just laying there saying "I know, I am one cool dude" LOL.

Rob, you have to keep giving updates on him, I think I am attached.:)