Meadow Mueller 07/2003 - 04/2015

Meadow Mueller 07/2003 - 04/2015

April 16, 2020

Meet Timbit

Hey hey, how is everyone today? Still healthy and hanging in there I hope. Thank you to those who have recently commented on my last couple blogs. I've not been "pimping" them out because I am not on the computer as much what with Angie working from home but also it's interesting to see how many hits I get without promotion.

Anyway, a short blog here about a new visitor to the backyard. Probably nothing really exciting to most but it's cool for us. A Red Squirrel. Now this is not the first of this species to pop in here, this is actually the third in the last 5 years, and actually as long as I have lived here (that I have noticed anyway). The previous two were only here for a couple hours before disappearing. This one, he's on 3 days of visiting now. Angie has named him Timbit.


Timbit sure is cute. He's so little compared to our Eastern Grey Squirrels. He's also a nice little distraction during these trying times as we call life now.

Timbit is very quiet compared to other red squirrels I have encountered when out and about. He's afraid of the bigger squirrels. He's also afraid of Mourning Doves which I noticed yesterday. A Mourning Dove fluttered in near him and he spooked, jumping up into the air and then running away, going up a tree. He's not entirely sure what to make of me but I think he realizes I am no threat from a respectable distance.

We hope he sticks around for a while, even though it's only him and no others of his kind. I guess we shall see as time passes.

I know red squirrels can be little buggers, chewing on stuff, getting into roofs and stuff. It's just like learning to live with other wildlife... be aware of them, what they can do, and make sure they don't do those things, but also appreciate and enjoy them, their antics and the entertainment they can bring to a backyard.

Is it just me or does he look rather well fed?


Thanks for stopping in. Stay safe.

Cheers!

3 comments:

Karen said...

We ONLY have little red squirrels around our patch....and they aren't quiet. Oh my, they scold each other and the dog and me when I'm hanging laundry. And they wear boots when they clomp around inside my wall all winter. They also chew incredible holes in the exterior walls of my house to get inside. Cute little DEVILS.

gilda92 said...

Maybe Timbit is Timbitess and not 'chubby' but enceinte!

Tammie said...

That's what I was thinking too: maybe 'he' is a 'she'. :)

And now, just imagine: that little Red Squirrel is even bigger than the chipmunks I get here!