Meadow Mueller 07/2003 - 04/2015

Meadow Mueller 07/2003 - 04/2015

September 8, 2016

I'm Still Here

I feel like every now and then such a title for my blog is just this. I feel bad I've been neglecting this but I tell ya, the Summer has just drained me. I am not a fan of the humidity and this year it's been extreme if you haven't noticed, well, those living in Southern Ontario anyway.

Just so you know, I'm not wishing for snow anytime soon. A few, well actually "many" is more the word I'd use... or many MANY days of pleasant weather in the Autumn season where I'm not dripping in sweat 30 seconds out the door.

Thanks for hanging in there and not giving up on my blog.

Here are a few photos, in no particular order, of what's been happening around these parts...

We put our cat Merry on a leash and harness as she's not exactly super keen on the kittywalk enclosure. It's taken a bit of work but she really is liking this a lot better. Best thing is Molly doesn't care about her sister roaming about while she is in the enclosure. Merry will never be left unsupervised.



Pierre still comes around but the visits are brief and sporadic. We have some Hawk activity as fall migration is underway. Pierre and most of his flock are dealing with molting right now. I know it makes our Budgies miserable as they say it's rather uncomfortable.


Cooper's Hawk in the backyard, seen more than a few times lately.


We had another domestic bird visitor last weekend. An African-collared Dove. This is the second of this species to come stop in our backyard in the last few summers. Our first was in July of 2014, and I blogged about it as it was exciting due to the uncertainty of the bird species at first. I believe we are at 8 known domestics here in the last 9 years.


As some of you may recall, 2 of the Budgies now live with us. Here is Misfit who will be celebrating her 9th anniversary with us very soon. A few years back she almost didn't make it this far. See here.


Never a dull moment with our Raccoon family down back. The kids are getting so big now!


We have at least 5 Skunks prowling the 'hood after dark. Angie and I were treated to some great views over the Labour Day long weekend.


Things haven't been very busy with volunteering these days. I did take a few migratory birds down to the shores of Lake Ontario, west of Toronto recently including this Chestnut-sided Warbler.


We had 2 Red-spotted Purple Butterflies visit a few weeks back. They were seen daily for about 6 days. Such a beautiful butterfly!


Well, that's it for now. Perhaps not the most exciting stuff to some but I sure love and appreciate the wild world around me.

Be seeing you...


1 comment:

Karen said...

awww, look at that little fella waving. What a cutie pattootie.
We've been seeing some "out of the ordinary" birds around our patch on the eastern corner of Algonquin Park. For example, Baltimore Orioles were previously rare here, but this summer they are quite common. Everyone I mention it to has one hanging around their yard! The closest lake is 8km down my road, yet I have loons flying over every morning between two small ponds.