Meadow Mueller 07/2003 - 04/2015

Meadow Mueller 07/2003 - 04/2015

January 13, 2020

Trail Cam Captures Vol. 2

It was a really nasty weekend weather-wise going from +12 C with approximately 60 mm of rain on Saturday to a windchill near -15 C on Sunday. I put the cam out Sunday night once Mother Nature settled herself although there was still some drizzle throughout the night. I know the creatures have been roaming around. I see the tracks some mornings. I have seen them some nights after work. What I got on the cam last night is pretty much what I have been seeing for weeks now...

One raccoon


Two raccoons (some nights 3 or 4)


A skunk (some nights up to 3)


An opossum (some nights 2)


I put a slab of plywood out in the garden after all that rain. Yes, there's some food on it like shelled peanuts, sunflower chips and I also bought some rabbit food mix at the Bulk Barn. I am not sure what the rabbit may be eating these days since nothing is growing and maybe this will help him along. The plywood sheet is easy to clear after any snowfalls and keeps the food out of the mud during the rain and thawing days too.

After midnight, a raccoon visit again.


This cat has been appearing quite often on the cam. I'm not certain if it belongs to anyone or not. I've never seen it with my own eyes, just on the cam.


It's quiet time for a while until a rabbit shows up at 3 am.


Raccoon visit again. This is rather funny to see unfold in the few shots here.


Notice the plyboard lifting?


A little higher now.


I assume he was looking for food underneath.

The rabbit returns now at almost 5 am.


So does an opossum.


Some nights I can tell it's two different rabbits but not this time.


The rabbit was in next door's yard when I retrieved the cam about 7:30 am.

The sightings are usual for us, nothing exciting. I'm sure I said this before, t's great having the cam, allowing me to see who is coming through when we are sleeping. It's nice to see everyone appears to be doing well this winter, though so far it's not been a harsh one.

No comments: