Meadow Mueller 07/2003 - 04/2015

Meadow Mueller 07/2003 - 04/2015

May 17, 2019

For Eva

I was doing a little bit of very local birding this morning. No shortage of Baltimore Orioles to say the least. Some new arrivals to the park included Great Crested Flycatchers, Blackburnian Warblers and 3 male Indigo Buntings. Who doesn't love to see an Indigo Bunting? I heard their song well before I spotted one, but it is a song that sticks with me year after year unlike so many Warblers' songs.


A nice short outing.

On my way out I was stopped by a woman who reads my blog, and has for a few years now. She recognized me as I walked past her. She introduced herself and had some kind words for me. Then we chatted briefly about the birds before parting ways.

Thank you for this moment Eva. It was an unexpected surprise. I know I haven't blogged a lot here lately, especially now that we are in nesting season and the other blog is fairly active; but your words inspired me to put a little more effort in here.

Have a great long weekend everyone!

1 comment:

EvaB said...

Hi Rob!(Hops up and down like a bird). Thank you for your lovely post and the bunting!!! I am touched you dedicated the post to me and you have no idea how THRILLED i was that happenstance brought us together in such a peculiar way. Afterwards I realized I wanted to say something about your cat, and how wonderful you love pigeons so but i was GOBSMACKED. Sometimes the universe has a crazy sense of humor. Thank you, universe. Thank you Rob for making my day a SHINY MEMORY. Also, glad you can spot birds where others cant and did I say thank you for the bunting. I will stop now. Please continue the blog! :)